Hello, I'm back!
What do you think of my designer gear?
I went to the vets on Monday morning and then everything went rather hazy and finally I was brought home wearing this!
Whatever they gave me certainly knocked me for six, (I don't even remember having a sleepover there.) It was good stuff but it made my legs very wobbly.
Tuesday afternoon I was really miserable and didn't want to eat and just stood and looked pitiful so Mum encouraged me to do lots of this.
By Wednesday morning I was a little more alert and feeling up to opening my post.
A lovely get well card
Just about focussed on the writing...
It's from my best friends, Holly, Webster, Cora and Teddy.
Oh how fabulous, that really has cheered me up.
I keep feeling so sleepy though.
Think I will just rest my chin on my card and get some more zzzzzzz's.
Lacie has been with me throughout....
Here are a few extracts from her notes............
- Lacie Molly Dear, let me know when you'd like a sip of hot broth I have here for you. Here's a cool rag for your head, and the vettie is giving you one of my special pain smoothies in your IV....Lacie pats Molly gently on the back...go back to sleep dear girl....we're right here with ya!
- Lacie deftly changes Molly's sheets with freshly newly ironed crisp ones. She refills the water pitcher, and adds some daisies to the vase. Window is open the required six inches allowing for a gentle breeze to come in. Molly comes back in from the garden and sinks gracefully onto her bed. Lacie pats her head with her tiny paw, grabs a new concoction...fresh jelly otto infused with a light mango-papaya flavored PainRelievingSmoothie. She spoons it to Molly allowing her to lick the last drops out of the cup. Molly's head rests contentedly on the pillow. Lacie picks up her knitting and settles herself in the rocker to keep charge over her patient.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update from 2 legged Mum.
Molly is definitely brighter today (Thursday). She has 2 fair sized wounds, one under her tummy and the other is near her groin. Hence the "designer gear" While she was asleep the vet also removed a tiny lump from her right lower eye lid. So the poor girl really did go through it on Monday.
We have to keep a careful eye on her wounds to make sure they do not weep and are clean. I think the challenge for me will come in the next 24 hours when she decides that being separated from her brothers and sister is not an option and she starts standing on her back legs to open doors to let herself out.
She is allowed 3/4 sessions a day in the garden on her lead for a maximum of 5 minutes each time for the next 2 weeks. No stairs allowed or jumping!
We have to wait 10 - 12 days for the results of the biopsy from her mammary gland removal. Please keep your paws crossed for her.
Molly and I would like to thank you for all your very kind wishes of support. It really does help knowing that our friends were sending so many pawsitive thoughts to us.
Thank you.
30 comments:
Lovely to hear that you are home, Molly, and that is quite chic gear although you will probably grow tired of it fairly quickly. We wish you much patience over the next few days and cross all our paws that the biopsy results will be good.
Woofs, Purrs and Neighs,
The Poupounette Gang
I'm glad to hear Molly is home and Lacie is helping take care of her. I'm sure the next couple of weeks will prove trying for her and you but hopefully she heals quickly. :)
Dear miss Molly, I have been kind of out of the loop for the last couple of weeks, I just found out about your surgery and the biopsi.
I sure do hope everything turns out good and I hope that you are very careful for the next few days.
Love
Bert
Molly.... you look fabulous in your designer gear!
We are so pleased to hear you are feeling a little brighter. No jumping up and opening doors!!
We have EVERYTHING crossed hear and sending bucket loads of pawsative thoughts for good test results.
Extra Special Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx
Molly I'm so glad your feeling better . It's horrible when you go to the vetties but yours sounded really cool ... Me and the Irish have all paws crossed for you . Lots of love Lizzie Rosie Reilly and Poppy doo x x x x
Hi Molly, we're friends of the Thuglets so we thought that we should come by again for a visit.n I hope that you're feeling a bit better. Those sensitive areas will sting a bit for awhile but your mom is looking after them so everything will be fine. We'll be back in awhile to see how you're getting along.
Oh Molly, it's great to see you're home and being so well looked after. I'm sure Lacie's smoothies will be working wonders...
It must be frustrating to have such limited play time, but Gail tells me that it's for your own good.
Do take care!
Bertie.
Oh Molly, please stay calm and relaxed. We will continue to keep our paws crossed for you. We really like the idea of that sweater rather than a cone of shame to keep you from licking. Get pleanty of rest!!
-Bart and Ruby
Get well soon Molly! Indigo's got her big girl's op in about a month!!!
XXX
So glad you are home Molly and feel all better soon
Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/
Glad to know Molly is doing OK!
As posted by Bluestartingover.blogspot.com
Oh, I am soooo glad your home now Molly! You let everyone take good care of you, and give you lots and lots of lovin' and foodables (when your up to it).
I'm still keeping my paws crossed that you will be up and chasin' your pack soon!
Thanks for stopping by my bloggie!
Love,
Ruby
We're so happy that you're home, Molly! Make sure you have that little sterling silver bell right at your side in case you need anything at any hour of the day or night. It's your right, ya know!
We're sending tons of AireZen your way!
Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly
Please feel better Molly. It will get better, and you might even get some treats your brothers and sisters might not. I am sending Welsh kisses and Andy is sending Eskie hugs, Sally Ann and Andy
Dear Molly,
we hope you will soon get better!
We are thinking of you and send you so many hugs and kisses
Mika and Frodo
Sorry to hear you haven't been well Molly mate. Hope you're back on your paws soon. Get those brothers of yours waiting on you paw and paw! Deccy x
Molly, we're so glad to read that you are getting some terrier spirit back in your step. Just take it easy and follow doctor's orders, enjoy NurseLacie's professional care and rest assured that we believe the treat bin is amply stocked. We know your family will do anything to help you be more comfortable (love the fashion) and to speed your recovery. That said, we think it's time that you give them that longing look for another biscie.
xx
Jake and Fergi
Aw, look at you in your pyjamas! Poor baby, all groggy and someone has stolen some patches of fur while you slept. Get well very soon, Molly (but remember to make the most of being the recuperating patient).
hairy hugs
Mojo, Digger and mum
Get well soon dear Molly.
Smooches,
BabyRD & Hootie
So glad you're back home Molly - it sounds as though you've really been through the wars with those operations. Hope you're feeling much better really soon - but no jumping :-) Take care and all paws and fingers crossed for you here that no more ops are needed - woofs and licks from Magic & family xx
Helping her to heal is going to be a challenge. Stay strong, only a few days and then back to zoom zoom time.
Mango Momma
So glad that you're home safe and sound, Molly!! Stay calm and have some good rest for a couple of days, you will have your zoomies back before you know it.
Take care!!!
Very glad to hear you made it through the surgery part well, Ms. Molly! Now lots of rest for you--that's an order!
--Moe the Welshie
Poor Molly. She must feel like someone ran her over with a truck. We hope she heals quickly and completely.
I am very happy to see you at home now!
Be patient and you will be like new in no time!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza
Sorry to hear about your surgery, Molly. Glad you are home and we send our Aire-prayers and cross our paws that everything will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Hugs,
Wyatt and Stanzie
Oh Molly
I am so glad you are back home.
Now you must rest and let everyones take care of you.
I will send magic bubbles in the sky to swirl around you with healing!
I am also keeping my paws crossed and sending airzenn,, that all your tests are fine.
love
tweedles
RING RING RING RING....the tinkle of Molly's bell awakens Lacie from a deep sleep....she looks towards her patient but sees nothing amiss...Molly's sleeping peacefully in her lovely nightgown, growing stronger each day....
RING RING RING RING RINGRINGRINGRINGRINGRING!
Oh the bells, bells, bells, bells...grumbling something about
tintinabulation, Lacie dives through the door before all the racket wakes Molly....she crashes directly into Taffy who is holding the bell in his teeth and shaking his head vigorously.....
RINGRINGRINGRINGRINGRING!
TAFFY DROP IT, Lacie screeches. Quickly remembering she's in uniform, she drops to a hoarse whisper....WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING???
Taffy grins at her and the bell drops with a clang....
Thought you'd never come out of there Lacie...you've been ignoring me all week. How about a moonlight walk??
Lacie looks tempted, but thinks about the demerits she will receive if caught....she glares at Taffy, picks the bell up in her little teeth and soundlessly closes the door. She covers Miss Molly, then goes back to her own basket and closes one eye....thinks of Taffy with the bell and bursts into silent laughter....
Sheesch......
that vest looks very cool you had to wear! so much better than them cone things! - tess n tegan cartwright -
Post a Comment